I was looking for a new appetizer to make for Sunday football. This tartare is so fresh tasting and very easy to sit down and eat the whole bowl. There is a lot of chopping, but it is well worth the wait once you are finished.
- 1 8oz boneless salmon fillet, skinless
- 1/4 cup finely diced, seeded cucumber
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tspn. minced fresh chives
- 1 1/2 tspn. minced fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tspn. vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tspn. minced jalapeno
- 1 1/2 tspn. minced shallot
- 3/4 tspn. minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 tspn. Asian sesame oil
- 1/4 tspn. lime zest
- Kosher salt & black pepper
- Tortilla chips or thick cut potato chips
-Place salmon on a pate, freeze until well chilled, about 20 minutes. Cut salmon into 1/8 cubes. Place salmon in medium bowl. Add cucumbers and next nine ingredients and toss to combine. Season tartar to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with chips. Enjoy!